Betstar was founded in 2007 by father and son bookmakers Michael and Alan Eskander. Because of the success Eskander’s Betstar enjoyed, gambling giants took notice and they were acquired by Ladbrokes PLC, which is one of the largest sportsbooks in the world. The acquisition happened in 2014 and the name was changed to Betstar, what did not change is the success that Betstar sportsbook enjoyed, and at the time of writing Betstar is one of the leading sportsbooks in Australia. Here follows Betstar sportsbook review, looking into what you can experience as a prospective Betstar customer.
Betstar Sportsbook Review – What We LIKE
- Betting Platform – When Ladbrokes scooped up Betstar back in 2014, they changed a few things, amongst that was the betting platform, and rightfully so I might add. If you have ever read our post on Ladbrokes sportsbook review you would have noticed that we were signing the praises of Ladbrokes betting platform. Betstar sportsbook runs on the same betting platform / user interface as Ladbrokes which makes it one of the best betting platforms in the world. Navigation, placing a bet and browsing different sports and markets are a joy with Betstar!
- Click & Bet – Continuing the praises of Betstars betting platform; the innovative, albeit risky at times, “Quick bet” option is a feature that allows the user to eliminate the betslip process by allowing users to simply select a market and click bet, the wager amount is pre-configured by the user. Thus instead of traditionally selecting a market adding it to betslip, entering wager to your betslip and clicking bet. With “quick bet” you simply select a market and click quick bet. Why is this good? Ever missed a wager, with a few seconds? Most regular punters have thus quick bet not only saves you a bit of time, it’s great for those last-minute bets.
- Large Variety Of Sports & Markets. Beside from the superb user interface and betting platform, probably the best feature of Betstar sportsbook is the large variety of sports and depth of markets covered. All major sports like Rugby, ARL, NRL etc are covered by Betstar, however what puts the cherry on the cake for me is the depth of the betting markets covered for competitions like super rugby, Six-Nations and the likes!
- Massive Signup Bonus. Betstar offers a stellar signup bonus that will match your deposit by 100% upto $250, which is certainly up there with the best in the business. As an example if you make an initial deposit of $100, Betstar will give you an additional $100 free in your account, just for signing up.
- Betstar Prepaid / Debit Card. Another trend setting and excellent feature offered by Betstar sportsbook is the option to easily apply for a Betstar prepaid card. The benefit of having a Betstar prepaid card is that the user can directly withdraw funds from their Betstar sportsbook account. No more having to wait 3-4 business days for lengthy bank transfers!
I can continue forever with all that is good with Betstar sportsbook, it really is a decent well-rounded sportsbook which does a lot more right than it does wrong. However below I will takes Betstar sportsbook review a step further and look at some of its shortcomings.
Betstar Sportsbook Review – What We DO NOT Like
Let me start of the bat by saying many of the drawbacks that will be mentioned below is not directly the fault of Betstar, however it is still drawbacks and should be mentioned.
- No in play betting option. This is a
huge, massive, tremendous let down. To be fair it is worth mentioning that the Australian Government prohibits in play betting, so it is not the fault of Betstar sportsbook per se. As ridiculous as the in play betting law is, unfortunately for Betstar sportsbook they have to enforce it. In play betting has become very popular these days and if you like in play betting, then Betstar is certainly not the bookmaker for you.
- Limited Deposit Options. Unlike many leading bookmakers which offers a wide array of deposit options, Betstars deposit options are pretty much limited to Visa and Mastercard.
- No outsiders Welcome. Want to join Betstar sportsbook, but not living in Australia or New-Zealand? Well unfortunately you won’t be able to. Betstar sportsbook only allows players from Australia and New-Zealand without exception. Whether this is due to legislative purposes or Betstar that simply don’t want to go through the hassle of being a worldwide sportsbook, is unclear, however it is certainly a drawback.
The verdict is simple. If you are an Australian resident Betstar makes for an exceptional sportsbook. We especially like the betting platform and the option of applying for a Betstar prepaid card. However if you enjoy in play sports betting or do not reside within Australia or New-Zealand unfortunately Betstar sportsbook is not for you!